John Oliver
John Oliver is a person who I stumbled upon when I was trying to destress.
The show is one of the most amazing ones I've seen. It popped up in my recommendations after I saw the video on Trevor Noah's coverage on Fox News' idiotic move in Chinatown.
Similar to Trevor Noah, it addresses current issues in the States, raising awareness for numerous issues that frankly most people wouldn't give a shit about, or don't have the ability to do so.
I really liked the episode where he went to Russia to meet Edward Snowden. He used dick pics to characterize the problem of government surveillance to the general population in the US, a move which I think is basically genius.
The coverage on the presidential debate and campaigns is really decent too. Oh, should I mention that he started his own church in order to prove to the viewers how televangelists work and how they scam people off their money? I fell in love with him at that point.
The link above is a video talking about the states of American prison, which is very appalling and depressing.
Click on it, watch it, and maybe you'll like John Oliver too.
Click on it, watch it, and maybe you'll like John Oliver too.
Remind me to never joke about 'dropping a soap' again. It's something that should never be joked about, it's as bad as rape jokes, but it's so ingrained in our culture because somehow, we think that it's okay because it happened on prisoners.
This is so wrong, and I need to do something about it, and my first step would be to stop using it.
John Oliver, and maybe Trevor Noah after I finished John's videos, thank you.
Comments
Post a Comment