So, Camden Town. When I got off the tube, the first thing I saw was the incredibly long and steep escalators. I was a tad bit timid about it at first, as I was afraid of heights, but I got used to it by the end of the day. Dogs are allowed in the London Underground, which was a surprise for me when I saw the 'Dogs must be carried' sign by the escalators. I saw a few dogs joining the peak hour tube too, and I coo every time. Our first stop in London and it felt eerily like Petaling Street, with shops and stalls selling postcards, t-shirts and merchandises along the street. They play loud music in the shops, and there are people buskering right beside the road or on a bridge, singing with their guitar for a pound or two. We went past a street or two, shuffled past some alleys and steps to find a food-court like place in the middle of the town. There's stalls full of different food, from Mexican tacos to Greek street food to Indonesian Rendang. Guess what we settled for? Fis...
I've always tried to live up to the standards of being a neutral person, especially one that could look at an issue from different perspectives no matter how uncomfortable it might be, putting on shoes made for someone else. Looking back, my appreciation for scepticism probably sprouted from my early debate days. Among many things, scepticism was one of the most important aspects that my amazing debate coach (who I will forever be indebted to) taught us when we're at the formative years of 14. I am also glad that despite my horrible memory, these key values were things that stuck with me almost stubbornly along the years. I've been trying to get myself to understand what is going on in the world. It's a slow process - I do prefer escapism via imaginary and fantastical worlds instead of residing in the physical one - but it is something that I vowed to do, inspired by the reinterpretation of Edith Sampson's speech by Andrew Scott . I've done this for ...
我是【愤怒鸟】耶!XDDDDD
ReplyDelete